What is it?
The Educators Liability Trust Fund was established July 1, 2013, to
provide liability protection for employees of Alabama public school
boards acting in line and scope of their job requirements. Like the
State Insurance Fund, the ELTF operates much like an insurance company.
However, it does not provide insurance but administers statutory fund
Definition of Covered Employee
The Act 2013-215 and the Program Guidelines define covered employees
as active teachers, principals, and other education employees who are
employed by a Local Education Unit and required to hold a certificate
issued by the State Superintendent of Education and Student Teachers,
and support personnel such as maids, custodians, adult bus drivers,
lunchroom or cafeteria workers, secretaries, clerks, clerical
assistants, maintenance workers and other non-certified personnel.
Important Links for Employees
· Educators Liability Trust Fund (ELTF) managed by the Alabama Division of Risk Management http://www.riskmgt.alabama.gov/ELTF.aspx
· ELTF Claim Form http://www.riskmgt.alabama.gov/PDF/forms/ELTFClaimForm07-15-13.doc
· ELTF Brochure http://www.riskmgt.alabama.gov/PDF/pub/ELTF%20Brochure.pdf
· ELTF Guidelines http://www.riskmgt.alabama.gov/PDF/pub/ELTF%20Full%20Revised%20Guidelines%20-%20Signed.pdf
· Alabama Legislation that creates the ELTF http://www.riskmgt.alabama.gov/PDF/pub/ELTF%20Legislation%20Act%202013-215.pdf